Radio KOL

Radio KOL - Radio of the Kingdom
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:35 am 
Radio-KOL DJ
Radio-KOL DJ

It's time again for another Doctor Who Radio Marathon. This time it's going to stretch over 2 shows for a total of 14 hours!

Showtimes:
Wednesday Feb 24 (2 hours)
USEST: 4am-6am
GMT: 9am - 11am
AUEST: 8pm-10pm

Saturday Feb 27 - Sunday Feb 28 (12 hours)
USEST: Sat 6pm - Sun 6am
GMT: Sat 11pm - Sun 11am
AUEST: Sun 10am - 10pm

There's two tasks I offer you.

Firstly I need prizes for the Massive Time Lord Giveaway, donations of any Time or Clockwork items are gladly accepted to Egads its Urutsini (#1580689). Vast quantities of meat will also be needed to pay for the pieces I have bought so far, which includes a full time suit and a piece of petrified time. BIG thanks to DiscoDoris for donating the time suit.

Many thanks to others that have donated including:
Cat_Killer
Sir PastaLot
ZimZimZim
Jebbie

Secondly, I am calling for submissions for the 2010 Mr Dalek Christmas Story for Staggering Stories
http://www.staggeringstories.net/index2.html
If you don't know who Mr Dalek is, download the stories from here:
http://www.staggeringstories.net/audiom ... tches.html
You are welcome, and encouraged, to record your own stories, whether they have a backing track or not it's up to you. Otherwise, just send me a written story and I'll narrate it myself. All acceptable submissions will be played/read at the end of the marathon.
Submissions to be sent to djurutsini@gmail.com

I WILL GIVE AWAY A PIECE OF VOLUMINOUS RADIO GEAR JUST FOR THE BEST SUBMISSIBLE STORY.

A couple of suggestions include Santa vs Mr Dalek, the Toy Time War and Mr Dalek vs the Toy Cybermen.

TIMETABLE
Wednesday Feb 24, 4am-6am USEST
1:00 The Alchemists of Sound
Documentary of BBC's Radiophonic Workshop, the creators of the Doctor Who music and sound effects.
1:00 The Evolution of the Doctor Who Theme
Every version of the Doctor Who theme tune accompanied by a discussion of each theme.

Saturday Feb 27, 6pm - Sunday Feb 28, 6am USEST
1:00 Doctor Who Montages and Quotes
0:30 Whomix
See below.
0:45 Audio Visuals - The Space Wall (1984)
First professionally produced fan-created radio play. Approximate start: 7:30pm USEST
1:00 Miscellaneous Doctor Who
A miscellaneous collection of strange unused official versions of the Doctor Who theme.
1:15 Various famous covers
Including Coldcut's 30 minute Radiophonic Mix.
See below.
1:15 Dalek Empire - The Invasion of the Daleks (2001)
First in a BBC Dalek serial. Approximate start: 11:00pm USEST
See below.
0:30 Dead Ringers prank calls
1:00 New Who and spin-offs
The theme tune of various Doctor Who spin-off series as well as a collection of music from the score of both the new Doctor Who and Torchwood.
See below.
1:15 Doctor Who and the Hornets' Nest (2009)
Most recent BBC radio play starring Tom Baker. The first time Tom Baker has played the doctor since 1981. Approximate start: 2:45am USEST
See below.
0:45 Interviews
Tom Baker, David Tennant and Matt Smith.
See below.
0:15 Best of the rest
I will read any Staggering Stories submissions, announce contest winners and play any other random things I feel like.

Whomix
I've gathered an enormous collection of fan created remixes of the Doctor Who theme. I have roughly separated them into 6 genres: Rock/Metal, Ambient, Dance, Industrial, Weird and World. I will be getting the listeners to vote on which genres they would like to hear from in each Whomix segment.

NOTE: Each radio play is the first in a serial. I will be playing the rest of the serials during my Wednesday shows for the rest of the year.

Information on last year's Doctor Who Marathon can be found here:
http://radio-kol.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3086

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]